When Estelle Peck married Arthur Ishigo in the 1920s, interracial marriage was illegal in California. In 1942, the Ishigos and some 110,000 Japanese-Americans, were placed under “protective arrest.” Estelle and Arthur spent more than three years living in camps, first the Pomona Civilian Assembly Center, then Heart Mountain Relocation Center. Estelle Ishigo documented life in the camps—the cheap barracks, the barbed-wire fences, guard towers, and machine guns—on hoarded scraps of paper.
Evelyn McHale is probably the most famous Empire State Building suicide victim. On May 1, 1947 Evelyn leaped from the 86th-floor observatory in 1947 and landed on the roof of a United Nations limousine parked on the street below.
Her suicide note read:
“I don’t want anyone in or out of my family to see any part of me. Could you destroy my body by cremation? I beg of you and my family – don’t have any service for me or remembrance for me. My fiance asked me to marry him in June. I don’t think I would make a good wife for anybody. He is much better off without me. Tell my father, I have too many of my mother’s tendencies.”
I FUCKING LOVE LOUIS THEROUX!
Shhhh, they may get your IP. 2spooky4me.
Nonchalantly smoking a cigarette, 15-year-old Billy Ray Prevatte is shown with police after he was charged with murder and assault with intent to kill. He is accused of shooting three teachers in Maryland Park Junior High School after he was reprimanded for truancy. One of the teachers was killed, one seriously wounded and the other slightly wounded.
This is legit that anon who told you that their ”intellect” is far superior.
Submitted by: www.blarvink.tumblr.com
LOL, very accurate!
HELL YEAH. They’re ridiculously cute!
You’re mentally superior to me, yet here you are on ANONYMOUS (ie, too scared to show your face) trying to be ~intimidating~. I have the town I’m from on Instagram and even post it on here when somebody asks (it’s across the world from you) so that’s laughable you would even mention you have my IP (you don’t) when I publicly post where I am. GENIUS! But sure, since we’re on the mention of IP’s, should I point out that I have yours? (184.108.40.206) WOW IP, SO REVEALING! And not only do I have your IP, but I also know exactly who this is.
Thanks for the laugh, though. I really appreciate it. I enjoy being reminded that there are people as pathetic and embarrassing as you. People that actually think that attempting to intimidate people on the internet, on tumblr of all places (lmao, comedy gold) works! BLESS! Mentally inferior? This ask proves otherwise. The fact that you even remember me, and STILL want to message me, proves that it is I who is superior to you. Did I really make that much of an impact on your life? Fantastic!
So I’ve sort of become a little super interested in true crime, and pretty much just learning about the motives and reasons behind why a person would take another person’s life.Anyways, every time I read a book or a news article or even something on your blog about a murderer/serial killer, there’s always the thought in my mind of, ‘these people were once infants whose mother (may or may not have) loved and nurtured them.’ So today, while I probably should have been paying attention to my mother talk in the car, I sort of decided I wanted to see a connection between the two things: the infancy and the murder. So I figured, hey! Why not waste an hour and fifteen minutes of your life tracking down information and putting it up on a map of America to suit your strange needs and possibly share with someone who might find it interesting?
So that’s exactly what I did!
So, I present to you a map of America, featuring the birth places of NINE INFAMOUS SERIAL KILLERS and the states in which they committed murder(s).
The black circles indicate the place the person was born, and the dots beside them indicate that they killed in the state they were born in.
1) David Carpenter (San Francisco, California): AKA the "Trailside Killer," is known for stalking and murdering women on hiking trails near San Francisco, California.
2) David Parker Ray (Belen, New Mexico): Given the moniker "Toy Box Killer," Ray was a suspected serial killer and known torturer of women. Though no bodies were found, he was accused by his accomplices of killing several people and suspected by police to have murdered as many as 60 people from Arizona and New Mexico.
3) Herb Baumeister (Indianapolis, Indiana): A suspected killer, Baumeister committed suicide before he could be brought to trial, and never confessed to the crimes he was alleged to have committed.
4) Jeffrey Dahmer (West Allis, Wisconsin): Also known as the "Milwaukee Cannibal," was a serial killer and sex offender, who committed the rape, murder, and dismemberment of 17 men and boys between 1978 and 1991, with many of his later murders also involving necrophilia, cannibalism, and the permanent preservation of body parts.
5) Joe Ball (San Antonio, Texas): Sometimes referred to as "The Alligator Man," he is known to have killed two and is said to have killed as many as 20 women in the 1930’s.
6) Kenneth Bianchi (Rochester, New York): A serial killer, kidnapper, and rapist, he and his cousin, Angelo Buono Jr., are known as the "Hillside Stranglers."
7) Michael Bruce Ross (Putnam, Connecticut): Between 1981 and 1984, Ross murdered eight girls and women aged between 14 and 25 in Connecticut and New York. He raped seven out of his eight murder victims. He also was alleged to have raped, but not killed a 21-year old woman named Vivian Dobson in 1983.
8) Paul Knowles (Orlando, Florida): Also known as the "Casanova Killer," was tied to the deaths of 18 people in 1974, though he claimed to have taken 35 lives.
9) Ted Bundy (Burlington, Vermont): A serial killer, rapist, kidnapper, and necrophile, who assaulted and murdered numerous young women and girls during the 1970’s and possibly earlier. After more than a decade of denials, he confessed shortly before his execution to 30 homicides committed in seven states between 1974 and 1978; the true total remains unknown, and could be much higher.
I included the descriptions so that if you post, people can read them, as well as the links to their Wikipedia pages, so that people could possibly learn more.
So that’s that. That’s just a thought that sometimes lingers in my head, that these people were children once too. And I don’t know why I wanted to see it this way, but somehow this really makes sense to me? Like, I can look at this and picture a childhood, all the way up to all of these heinous, unforgivable crimes, and I can make a weird sort of connection between all of them.
I don’t know. Disregard this if you feel like it.
Awesome, thank you!
In this handout crime scene evidence photo provided by the Connecticut State Police, shows the Newtown Tehcnology Team ID of Adam Lanza in the bathroom at the suspect’s house on Yogananda St. following the December 14, 2012 shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School, taken on an unspecified date in Newtown, Connecticut . A report was released November 25, 2013 by Connecticut State Attorney Stephen Sedensky III summarizing the Newtown school shooting that left 20 children and six women dead inside Sandy Hook Elementary School. According to the report, a motive behind the shooting by gunman Adam Lanza is still unknown.
Haha, I know! He’s looking so old. He IS old! It’s going to be a sad day when he passes.